from my window... what is your favorite STJ view?

Travel discussion for St. John
smilesfromMN

from my window... what is your favorite STJ view?

Post by smilesfromMN »

It is snowing and blowing so much here that I can't even see my neighbor's house out my window... but if I look really hard to the southeast I can see the azure hue of Maho just beginning to pop out between the trees as we head northwest along North Shore Rd coming from Centerline Rd... ahhh, my favorite view of STJ. Not the most panoramic or spectacular, I realize, but my favorite none the less. What's yours?
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

For me it is the lights on the cruise ships as they leave STT from my deck
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Sunset from the villa deck with a tasty adult beverage in my hand...

My second-runner up has to be the view from the top of Bordeaux Mountain.
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

waterguy wrote:For me it is the lights on the cruise ships as they leave STT from my deck
Me too! Sitting on our balcony with a drink in hand and watching the ships pull out either in daylight or after dark. They look like a floating city of lights at night. I am still fascinated how those thing actually float :?
lprof

Post by lprof »

Early morning, from the deck (of Villa Carolina)...the ferries churning past Tortola and the sun rising over the BVI

Midday, from the deck...white sails on blue, blue water in all directions

Late afternoon, from the deck...The Breath returning to Coral Bay Harbor and a small cruise ship heading toward STT

Early evening, from the deck...the sun dropping behind Bordeaux Mountain and twinkling lights appearing in all directons accompanied by the incredible island sounds of birds, frogs, and insects

:D What a day dream!
patr

Post by patr »

Great topic!

I love to see the full moon rising over Coral Bay.
Stunning!
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
bevm

Post by bevm »

The big smile on my husband's face as soon as he steps off the ferry...Nothing beats that! :)
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Off the stern at sunrise.
smilesfromMN

Post by smilesfromMN »

bevm- that's sweet!
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

Our favorite view is up on King rd. near Bourdeaux around Midnight!!!! It is sooooo dark and we just lay back in the Jeep and look at the zillions of stars.
Gorgeous and of course a little scary. :D :D
donkey-boy

Post by donkey-boy »

i dig watching the donkeys graze at caneel like they own the place# ~db~
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Sunset from anywhere outside with a glass of wine and loved ones!
ShelleyZ

Post by ShelleyZ »

In August 2001, our family first ventured to St. John, having known no one who had been there. We rented a house on Upper Carolina and fell in love with the view of Sir Francis Drake Channel, Tortola and the other islands. Any time of day it just unfolded -- the water, the sailboats, the changing clouds over Tortola. My husband took a panoramic photo that now hangs over our dining room table between two windows.

The view from our windows here is beautiful, too. We live in Greenwich Village and overlook downtown. A couple of weeks after we returned from our first trip to Coral Bay, we were stunned by a horrific view from our windows. As I embraced my husband and realized our lives were changing forever, I thought that, no matter what happened, I was so happy we had gone to St. John together as a family -- each of us having reconnected in a profound way and fallen in love with St. John. We try to return each year if we can, and it is always a time of renewal.

My favorite view? I have too many to name, but I know that the view of Sir Francis Drake Channel that was etched in my brain, helped me to get through those dark days when it was so painful to look out my own window.

Sometimes when I'm feeling pressured, I gaze at the photograph and also the view from my window and realize how fortunate we all are.
RogerD

Post by RogerD »

ShelleyZ wrote:In August 2001, our family first ventured to St. John, having known no one who had been there. We rented a house on Upper Carolina and fell in love with the view of Sir Francis Drake Channel, Tortola and the other islands. Any time of day it just unfolded -- the water, the sailboats, the changing clouds over Tortola. My husband took a panoramic photo that now hangs over our dining room table between two windows.

The view from our windows here is beautiful, too. We live in Greenwich Village and overlook downtown. A couple of weeks after we returned from our first trip to Coral Bay, we were stunned by a horrific view from our windows. As I embraced my husband and realized our lives were changing forever, I thought that, no matter what happened, I was so happy we had gone to St. John together as a family -- each of us having reconnected in a profound way and fallen in love with St. John. We try to return each year if we can, and it is always a time of renewal.

My favorite view? I have too many to name, but I know that the view of Sir Francis Drake Channel that was etched in my brain, helped me to get through those dark days when it was so painful to look out my own window.

Sometimes when I'm feeling pressured, I gaze at the photograph and also the view from my window and realize how fortunate we all are.

shellyz that was pretty close to our view the first time we stayed on St.John , we were in Catherinberg which I beleive is close to Upper Carolina. What a view that is!!and our favorite.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

A good sunset of course! 8)