Report Days 7/8 - Lameshur Video & Hot Chicken

Travel discussion for St. John
toni

Report Days 7/8 - Lameshur Video & Hot Chicken

Post by toni »

It's always a little sad to be on the slippery downward slope of vacation days-have to pack in so many things still!

We went to breakfast at the Donkey Diner -yummy chocolate chip and coconut pancakes-plus they have lots of books to trade and I needed fresh material!

We lazed around for a while and eventually decided to hit the north shore today-drove along this road for the first time this trip, ahh, the views! Wasn't sure what beach to try, but chose Honeymoon and accessed it via Caneel-we told the woman at the gate house what we wanted, and she waved us through-I know someone posted that they charge, but we've never been charged before and weren't charged now either. It's such an easy way to access this beach that we prefer it.

What a beautiful beach:

Not many people at all-it was pretty choppy water so really didn't see many snorkelers. Gorgeous sand-though it had been so wavy that it was like a sand hill-you went out 2' and it dropped right off-easy going out-not so easy coming back! :shock: The water is so pretty here though. And for whatever reason I got sunburned here, and I'd guess we were here less time than other beaches so I don't know why-more reflective sand/water?

On the way back home we stopped at the smoothie truck (another first!). I mentioned before about skeeters-the poor man running this was under attack! He had a mesh up to separate the inside of the truck from the elements, but standing and waiting for my smoothie was the WORST mosquito bite time we had. And he had to stay there! But we chatted for a while-he was very nice and definitely the smoothies were worth the stop and the skeeter pain.

Hit the Donkey Diner for pizza tonight-a good way to end the day.

Our final full day:
We enjoyed Little Lameshur so much we decided to go again.

Here's a short JEEPCAM of the worst part of the road going towards the beaches this time-I realize that the picture does jump around a lot-really I was trying to hold it firm on the dash as best as possible :lol:
View My Video

Watch out for deer on this road too-not that you should be going so fast that you'd hit one though....

We snorkeled and baked in the sun for a while, then headed to Skinny's for a drink-rang Howie's bell in his memory too. Decided to go to Shipwreck for lunch-another beautiful setting where the food's good, but it's the view that's outstanding-tasty fish and chips for me and wahoo for the husband(you have to smile when you order wahoo-you just can't help yourself!)

Now we had lots of animal encounters this trip-some we'd had before (goats, donkeys), some were new (iguanas in the road, pigs in the road) but this was the first time we ever had a chicken in the pool:
We must have an affinity for them-last time we had one fly into the open window of our jeep while we were at maho and take up residence on the floorboards. This time, she wanted to go for a swim apparently. Or her feet were hot and she was cooling them off in the water.... :)

After shooing her out of the pool, we just lazed around and eventually had to :cry: sob :cry: pack our luggage and prepare for our final day in paradise.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

HA a chicken in the pool!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaa that's a good one! Soup!
Terry

Post by Terry »

That was one of Ruth's chickens just coming over to say howdee. :lol:
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

That video was really something! Next time we're there I have to see that for myself.
TouristTrapCheryl

Thanks!!!

Post by TouristTrapCheryl »

Awesome post, fun photos & video. Thanks for posting! Enjoyed it.
-cheryl

sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Wow, I could hear the tires spin!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Great reports! I hate to think that they're nearly done. So Caneel must have decided to nix the parking fee? It's been two months since they re-opened. We'd have paid it, though!
Loved the video and can't stop laughing at the hot chicken! That's hysterical!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Thanks for the videos; I hope we will be brave enought to attempt it next time.

Your trip sounds like ours; lots of things done for the first time; we also enjoyed our first smoothie.

I'm thinking Ruth must have dropped off the chicken; was there any CBGR around it's neck?

Sorry to see your trip end!
janet
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

and that is why 4wheel is needed. got seasick just watching it.haha..

thanks for the TRs and videos.

Now you'll just have to plan another trip.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I've had iguanas in the pool but never a chicken. That is hysterical.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Rachelle & Joe

report 7&8 lamesur video chicken

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

:lol: :lol: a chick in the pool & it was not u ! too funny, that one never happened to us ! Thanks for the tr's enjoyed reading them & the pic's are realy beautiful !!! Thanks for posting ! Happy Holiday's to all :)
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Love the reports and love Honeymoon Beach