Daylight Saving Time

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Daylight Saving Time

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I hate it. Anyone else?
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

fun sucker
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

today I woke up with the worst sinus headache and every light in my house was on full blast. I was not thrilled! I got coffee and retreated to my bedroom where I drew the curtains for the rest of the day! My kinda day :)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I realize what I just said has nothing to do with daylight savings time. I'm leaving now .. thank you.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

MBW, that's okay. It's just the DST talking.

I hate it because it should be light at 6AM and dark at 6PM. Just like it is in STJ.

I'm cranky. It's DST.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

HATE IT! My Mom had a great idea at family linner today. She said why don't we just pick a spot 30 minutes earlier than today and 30 minutes later than yesterday and leave it forever? I get that the origin of DST was to help the farmers, but come on, most farms are harvested by machine now. My body clock is seriously off. Grr.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

No complaints from me. I love the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day.
~Brenda~
lprof

Post by lprof »

I was loving still having a little light at 8 PM tonight, but I'll be hating the deep dark at 5:30 AM tomorrow. In a month or so I'll be be happy all the time. :roll:

mbw1024 - hope you are feeling better now.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

I don't mind the extra daylight at the end of the day, but getting high school juniors to learn Algebra 2 when the sun is just coming up is just plain awful!!
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

liamsaunt wrote:HATE IT! My Mom had a great idea at family linner today. She said why don't we just pick a spot 30 minutes earlier than today and 30 minutes later than yesterday and leave it forever? I get that the origin of DST was to help the farmers, but come on, most farms are harvested by machine now. My body clock is seriously off. Grr.
Yup, you have it, too, Becky. (DSTD ~ Day Light Saving Time Disorder). Linner? I'm tellin' ya, this DST, is just plain wrong.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

No linner is real. On Sundays we get together with my parents, Laura and the kids, and her hubby when he is home, sometimes John's parents and brother, and occasionally some family friends too, and we all work together to cook one big meal that is served at around 2 PM. It's the only meal of the day--so lunch and dinner: linner!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

I go to the health club early and today the 5:10 alarm was even worse than usual because of course I was still wide awake at 11 last night. The parking lot was way less crowded this morning - I think everyone is still adjusting. I know I'll end up hitting the wall today at around 4:00 -- luckily I'm working from home.

Very hard getting my middle schooler out the door today; she has to leave at 7:15 to walk to school and didn't make it today - I ended up driving her.
djmom

Post by djmom »

We're fine here.

Me: It's daylight savings time.
Kids: What does that mean again?
Me: It means that everyone has to go to bed an hour earlier tonight.

They fell for it.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

liamsaunt wrote:No linner is real. On Sundays we get together with my parents, Laura and the kids, and her hubby when he is home, sometimes John's parents and brother, and occasionally some family friends too, and we all work together to cook one big meal that is served at around 2 PM. It's the only meal of the day--so lunch and dinner: linner!
Ohhhhh, got it. :oops:
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Teddy Salad

Post by Teddy Salad »

Personally I wish it was DST year round. I don't care if it's dark in the morning. I'm an early riser anyway and have to drive eastward in the morning to get to work so I like getting to work before sunrise. I also like having daylight when I get home so I can walk the dogs without breaking an ankle. Changing all the clocks is a pain.

I don't remember ever hearing that DST was originally for farmers. All the farmers and ranchers I know have always disliked DST and many of them never change their clocks. They stay on standard time year round.