Some observations before my trip report

Travel discussion for St. John
Connie

Some observations before my trip report

Post by Connie »

Had a great 10 day trip and some observations before I get my trip report together.

Believe it or not, our flights were on time! In fact, coming home we left an hour early and get home an hour early. When does that ever happen?

Some forum people can be crazy, but I like it! Some we met before, others we hadn't, but it felt like old friends we never met.

Going shopping on a cruise day in Havensite is a pain. Sorry to any cruisers, but seriously, they looked like zombies walking through the stores.

When it rains, don't wear cheap flip flops or you take a fall down steps and looked like you were in a bar fight.

Drivers (locals) are very considerate people who let you out and also let you turn. Not like home.

Good luck gals with your hair in the Islands. I didn't use the blow dryer or curing iron once. It's just not worth it.

Considering rehab after a trip to the Islands may be in order :o)

Snorkeling is an effort, but well worth it when within 10 minutes we saw the hugest, wierdest Ray that I still can't identify. We were in his territory and I don't think he was happy with my thrashing around trying to get away from him.

The only thing I wanted to ask everybody is which site is easiest to use when uploading pictures and posting them to the board?

Trip report to come!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Can't wait to read your trip report, Connie! Sorry to hear you fell and hope your injuries were minor. Sun4mysoul pointed me to http://www.tinypic.com/, to post our pics. You choose your photos, resize them to "message board" size, then copy and paste the IMG code for forums and message boards into your message. Click preview to make sure you like the way they came out, and then post.
Hope that helps! I'm not tech savvy, but I can do it, so I'm sure you can, too!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Eh....the only thing I can help anyone with, and it didn't work! Sorry!
sherban

Post by sherban »

Hi Connie- I use photobucket and I find it to be easy to use...and free.

www.photobucket.com
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I use webshots it is free and easy
Tom
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Connie-
I'm so sorry we missed you!!! :(
Let's see some pix!
Smiles-
MJ
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Hi, Connie - glad you had a great trip! I use Photobucket for photos and some videos but sometimes use Vimeo for the videos. Can't wait to see your pix!

- Margy
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I use Picasa. Super easy.

Glad to hear you are back and that's some great advice!

I'v epretty much given up on bringing a hairdryer or anything else to the islands.

My best advice is to embrace your beach hair and let it dry naturally.

I also bring styling products to help with this in the form of Frederic Fekkai Beach Waves: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3017903?cm_ ... erralID=NA

I don't know how this stuff works, but it gives your hair that perfect texture and manageable curl/waves. Plus its got SPF that protects color treated hair. A bonus on STJ.

The sun and saltwater can really do a number on your hair so the less you stress it with heat styling products the better off it will be IMHO.

AND yes, it's worth the $23!!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
elisa_nj

Post by elisa_nj »

Welcome home Connie! Can't wait to read your report.
Steve S

Re: Some observations before my trip report

Post by Steve S »

Connie wrote:H but well worth it when within 10 minutes we saw the hugest, wierdest Ray that I still can't identify.
Well, it was one of four-

Southern Stingray

Spotted Eagle Ray

Manta Ray

Cownose Ray

If you saw a spotted eagle ray, consider yourself lucky. If you saw a manta or cownose, consider yourself lucky-squared; I've never seen either.
Last edited by Steve S on Mon May 10, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks all for all the information. I went to photobucket and didn't realize that I already had an account there.

I'm working on the report. Just taking a couple re-entry days.

Steve...That's it..it was an Eagle Ray, but not spotted, but it had that different kind of head that's in the spotted picture you posted. It was huge!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"