AA nonstop Boston to St Thomas Feb. 2011??

Travel discussion for St. John
CapeCod Sunshine

AA nonstop Boston to St Thomas Feb. 2011??

Post by CapeCod Sunshine »

Does anyone out there have any info. or insight on why AA is not offering the nonstop BOS to STT for the winter in 2011? We have always booked around this time of year (for Feb. vaca)and it is not on AA seasonal route this year~ Any experts out there have any advise?
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

If I recall these flights are offered in high season only. I'd be patient and wait a bit longer to see if they pop up. If not, it may be a cost cutting measure to force folks to connect thru MIA or SJU and thus put more butts in seats.

Just my gut on this one,,,,
*Another fine scatterbrained production
samoka

Post by samoka »

I have e-mailed and called AA several times about this - they say they do not know if/when they will be posting non-stop BOS to STT - maybe if enough of us call/e-mail they will offer the service. Last year we booked non-stop in April for February. Fingers crossed.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I noticed the same thing for flights from NY to STT.
We are also going in Feb and were able to book non-stop on AA but only on weekdays (going and coming). Friends need to fly back on Saturday and the non stop flight is not offered. We've always flown on Saturday on the non stop flights but no more... WHY???? Have you tried calling AA instead of just using the internet??? I've been told that they offer more flights that way. Good luck
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

non-stops from Boston to STT are added based on demand. For February, you may start seeing them later this summer.
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

We have found what has been stated above to be true. They start offering them later on in the summer.
samoka

Post by samoka »

I gess I will just have to be more patient- plus this gives me more time to save for the tickets.
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

We've been watching for the AA non stop at the end of March but I must say, the prices for 1 stop thru expedia are very tempting. We have to buy 5 tickets so I watch quite closely.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Keep checking I usually book my Jan-Feb trips in September..BTW-On the Cape for the summer and love your name:) quite sunny today!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group