How to cope with going from 81 yesterday to 41 tomorrow!

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

How to cope with going from 81 yesterday to 41 tomorrow!

Post by flip-flop »

I'll be honest, I don't know how those of you from Michigan do it! The winter kills me. Seasonal Affective Disorder anyone?

Here in Virginia it was 81 degrees yesterday. I took the baby for a walk and was HOT by the time I got home. Tomorrow we are supposed to have a high of 41.

I am trying to preempt the oncoming depression by reading up on the forum. I truly don't know how I'd cope without having all of the stories, advice, jokes and the occasional funny picture (JT - yes yours) to get me through the day! Spring is coming for real, right?
Last edited by flip-flop on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 of 4

how do you

Post by 1 of 4 »

I think about all those folks that live in Canada and then thank God I'm not one of them. They must have VERY long winters. Yuck.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Hi Flip Flop
We had 73 on Tuesday and it was 18 this morning.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

YES! I can relate!!!

Yesterday, here in NJ we had 75 GLORIOUS degrees!!! Today it's starting out GORGEOUS too... but LATER.... LATER will be very very depressing - cold & rain - tomorrow a wintry mix - perhaps snow...

It truly is amazing how sunshine and 75 degrees can make a person so much happier and upbeat...

Anyway, YES Flip-Flop - SPRING & SUMMER ARE ON THE WAY TO SAVE US!!!!!!

:D
Peace,

Lisa
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I can so relate! Yesterday was beautiful--I went for a walk across the city after work, enjoying the fresh breezes and checking out all the bulbs that are starting to come up on people's "lawns." Today it is gloomy and rainy, and tomorrow it is going to snow. :(
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

The hardest thing was for my kids. My daughter wore flip-flops (no pun intended) on Tuesday (70's) and thinks she still can today. (20's) :)
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I guess instead of dreading tomorrow I should still enjoy today. We are seeing sun this morning and 70 today. Though its gonna get rainy and gloomy by tonight. As if its not bad enough that its PITCH black now when we have to get up at 6. Ugh...Spring is coming!!!
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

Don't get too depressed everyone. I just looked at both the St. John and St. Thomas web cams and it looks cloudy with showers on our beloved USVI.

http://www.gotostjohn.com/live/index.htm
http://www.virgin-islands-hotels.com/cams/STT2cam.htm
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

It's like that here in Kentucky, too. . . 76 degrees, sunny, and beautiful on Tuesday, clouds and showers moved in yesterday, 100% chance of rain and dropping temps. today, with snow and lows in the 20's this weekend. I just hope we don't all end up with the flu!!
Image[/url]
PA Girl

Same here

Post by PA Girl »

I wore sandals and a sleeveless top to dinner last night. We were with friends, showing our recent trip pics and planning for next year.

I had to reach for the winter coat this morning.

I miss St. John.....
MrsCARolph

Post by MrsCARolph »

Just two days ago it was a balmy 56 degrees here in Minneapolis! (In the middle of winter, that IS balmy for the Minnesotans) We were all in shorts and sandals.

Today it's back in the low 30's and we're expecting snow. How long until I leave for STJ...? :)
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

sea-nile wrote:The hardest thing was for my kids. My daughter wore flip-flops (no pun intended) on Tuesday (70's) and thinks she still can today. (20's) :)
My daughter would wear flip-flops all year if she could. Fortunately she hasd a winter walking class for PE first period and had to wear walking shoes! :roll:

Did you folks in Wisconsin get snow last night? We just had rain.

Frankly, I hope we have a very cold spell that starts about 10 days from now :twisted:
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

Ahh, living in the "deep south" does have its benefits (and its drawbacks, but that's for another post). We're going to "freeze" this weekend when it dips to 60 degrees (but sunny). Then, early next week were back up to the mid-70s. I really don't know how you folks north of Virginia deal with winter...
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Flip-flop,

I am totally weather affected. The days that are grey and gloomy just drag me down.

It has been raining here since yesterday and I DRED that summer heat and humidity :(

Funny about the kids in flip-flops...I turned down my parents' street three days ago and there were two little girls in bathing suits playing in the hose. I am so not ready for the summer heat.

I agree though - look at the webcam or the Travel Channel :)

nothintolose
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

JT - the visual of the two little girls playing in the water is so heartwarming ... esp. knowing it is New Orleans. Glad to see there is still joy. The human spirit is a wonderful thing!