BOS to STT

Travel discussion for St. John
pegoode

BOS to STT

Post by pegoode »

When we visited STJ in November 2009, we took a direct flight out of Boston to STT on AA. At this time, the AA site isn't showing a direct flight. Have they done away with that flight? Or is it added later in the year?
Pam

[/url]
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

Usually the non-stops come out around 6 months before November. The non-stops are out for March & April. They usually end last week in April and start up in the fall, ending in middle of Nov.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

I can tell you the exact day the AA added the non-stop flight from BOS this season. It was December 15, 2010. I watched the AA website like a hawk for the better part of six months. Unfortunately, our vacation was Dec 7 - 16, which meant that we had to go through JFK on the way down, but did fly non-stop on the way home.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Just re-read my post. So, December 15, 2010 was the first day they flew the non-stop route. It was early September when they added that route onto the plan, because I reserved on 9/5/10.

I also flew non-stop the year before, and they had the non-stops available much earlier (perhaps June or so) and we flew non-stop both ways on Dec 6, 2009 and back December 16, 2009.
bevm

Post by bevm »

We booked our non-stop out of EWR for May. Just found out (by accident) that not only did they cancel our non-stop but they changed our arrival date to two days prior to our rental and had us leaving three days sooner....WTF?
samoka

Post by samoka »

They listed the non-stop flights on July 1st this year for the winter months - it was a bit earlier last year - you just have to be diligent about watching for them = good luck!
pegoode

Post by pegoode »

thanks for the info everybody!
Pam

[/url]
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Wow Bevm...what does one do in that instance?
bevm

Post by bevm »

FinsUp wrote:Wow Bevm...what does one do in that instance?
PANIC!!! Seriously, I did. But then I called and was on hold for an hour. They were able to get us on connecting flights out of EWR to SJU to STT. We get in a little later in the date and I have to fly on CapeAir again (not thrilled about that). But coming home we have an 8AM flight instead of early afternoon so we have be on the 6AM ferry... :cry:
Apparently they are only doing direct flights on Mon. and Sat. out of EWR. They may decide to change it and we were told to keep an eye out but for now we have our flights and I have to be happy with that...
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

I would PANIC as well...YIKES!! Sooo glad to hear there is an alternative. I'll send vibes your way for a Non Stop to reappear!! :D