renewing wedding vows

Travel discussion for St. John
dc3group

renewing wedding vows

Post by dc3group »

Staying in a villa in June and would like to surprise my wife by renewing our wedding vows. The only officiates I have seen online charge $450.00. Seems like alot for an unofficial ceremony. I am looking for something short and sweet. (and much cheaper). Any ideas?
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Two ideas....

Email the officiants and explain what you want and see if there is a less expensive rate for a simple vow renewal.

Write your own! There are lots of resources on the web!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Have you considered doing something impromptu just the two of you?

Go to Jumbie or Gibney or one of the smaller beaches and each of you write your own vows and just go to the beach and share your vows with each other.

Bring a bottle of champage and toast to the renewal of your lives together and then spend that $$$ on a reeally nice dinner out and/or some jewelry to commemorate the occasion.

Just an idea.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
patr

Post by patr »

Captain Phil of the Wayward Sailor does weddings; he would prbly dhingy into your fave beach, do a little ceremony and then you two could go for a sunset or day sail with him.

Email or call him to ask, he's a super nice guy, I think he would be happy to work with you.

http://www.waywardsailor.net/
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

I surprised my wife with this in May 2008. Our daughter and son-in-law were vacationing with us and were first timers to STJ. I had pre-arranged with Captain Phil to do a vow renewal during a sailing excursion with him. We went to Jost, ate lunch at Foxy's and then Phil led us all down the beach road on a JVD walking tour stopping at the the little Methodist Church on the beach. My wife had no clue until she was surrounded by everyone in the church courtyard and Phil pulled out his notebook. Tarn (1st mate) took pictures while Phil led us through our renewal vows. It was an overwhelming occasion with the beach and harbour right there. A few joyful tears were shed. Phil had printed up a very nice vow renewal certificate for us. I paid him around $150.00 extra as I remember. He's a class act and a great excursion trip for anyone. We are coming up on 33 years this August. All the best to you.

I NEED A TICKER!
dctac

Post by dctac »

Rplano.....you got me thinkin.................