Fess up-how many pairs of shoes do you pack?

Travel discussion for St. John
mrsb

Fess up-how many pairs of shoes do you pack?

Post by mrsb »

I'll admit my other addiction: I bought two pairs just Sat for no reason at all except they were on clearance. It makes it ok if they are a bargain right?

Last year I took, my Gurkee flip flops for the beach, aqua shoes, brown heeled sandles, brown flat sandles, black flip flops and black heeled sandles. I think that was it :roll: :oops:

forgot-hiking boots
Last edited by mrsb on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When will I see St John again?
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

How can a girl expect to get by with any less. Besides, I always like to have choices.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

2 sandals and tennis shoes
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Shockingly, I take about 5 pairs of flip-flops of the following make-up:

- 3 J Crew casual cuties
- 2 pairs of my fancy leather bjorn flip-flops (I use this term LOOSELY) 1 black & 1 brown

Occasionally a pair of sandals will find its way in there.

What I do NOT take:

- Sneakers
- Water shoes
- Tevas

(Again, I do not hike nor do I even pretend to be a nature gurl. Though I did almost lose a toe at Maho 2 trips ago ... you'd think a girl would learn, but NO)
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

I'm taking my Chaco's, my Keen flip flops and my new Cole Haan wedgy kind of sandals. That's it (I think). I love shoes.
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

In the midst of my "practice packing with only a carry on" the other day I had no less than 5 pairs. I always bring running shoes where ever I go, though, so I don't "count" that.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

2 pairs flip flops
White mountain sandals
Brown Sandals
Black Sandals
Tevas
Skechers sneakers on the plane
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I would like to go on record as saying..... drum roll please....... I HATE SHOES!
Bug

Post by Bug »

Hello, my name is Michele and I'm a shoe junkie. The first step is to admit your addiction.

On an average???? I would say about 10 pair. Flip-flops (both flat & wedges), sandles, and maybe a pair of sneakers. At least one pair of every color. I'm sick I know. The worse part is I probably only wear 2 or 3. I'm just afraid I'll want a certain pair and they won't be in my suitcase. I have little room for any cloths but let's face it, shoes make the outfit :lol:

Since, I'm admitting to my addictions ~ I have a sunglass fettish too. Not those giant star-looking ones, Oakley's. When my husband realized the price of those suckers, I bought him a pair. Now he's addicted too ~ lucky for me ~I can keep buying them :D

Bug
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

MARY BETH!!!! :shock:

Flip flops only. About 5 pair. I want to be sure I have a pair to match every bathing suit.

Am I the only person who takes a different bathing suit for every day? I am such a girl.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Vicki, I'm with you. I try not to, but I love flip-flops for every suit, a different sarong for every suit, and I LOVE purses. But I just go to STJ with a big tote and a small dinner purse.

But these J. Crew flips are more than I can resist.

I ordered 4 bathing suits online and was going to pick just one or maybe 2 and kept all 4. Mr. Cypressgirl is going to kill me when the MC bill comes in. I'll have to be very "nice".
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

VickiH wrote: Am I the only person who takes a different bathing suit for every day? I am such a girl.
We are the same person. Only you are cuter! And probably have a more southern accent ;)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Am I somehow less a woman????? ;)

I believe last year I took two pair of Birki's and called it a day! Maybe I can get away with one pair this year ;)
BOATSRUS

Post by BOATSRUS »

Michele/Imelda, don't be so hard on yourself ! You are not a junkie,...you just just enjoy a little "shoe-gasm" now and then! I usually pack at least5 pairs of flops and 5 b-suits...a gurl has gotta be prepared !...Girls gone wild take note...clothes/shoes swappin' is a good thing on vacation!
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks