Waveplace at Maho & STJ schools

Travel discussion for St. John
teefal

Waveplace at Maho & STJ schools

Post by teefal »

Hi everyone,

My not-for-profit organization, Waveplace Foundation, is coming back to St John for two weeks from May 22nd to June 4th. We're partnering again with the Columbus School for Girls and staying at Maho Bay Camps, just like we did last year.

Our goal: to teach 3rd/4th/5th graders in the two elementary schools (Guy Benjamin and Julius Sprauve) to use another batch of donated OLPC laptops to learn creative problem solving and digital fluency. With this latest batch of laptops, we'll have given more than 100 laptops to the children of St John.

As before, we're looking for people who would like to get trained and continue the work after we're gone, as either a summer offering or staring in the fall. Details: http://waveplace.org/mentors

Anyway, I'm posting here mostly to say hello to all of you and to get psyched for another trip to STJ. This will be my family's fifth trip and we're hoping to have as much fun as my schedule will allow.

Good to be trolling the STJ forum again. We might even make it to the Beach Bar again (would be May 29th).
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Hi teefal! We'll look for you at the BB on the 29th!

:D :D

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Just chiming in to say thanks on behalf of the kids on St. John! Sounds like you're doing wonderful things to help them learn.

Have a great trip!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay