Not-So-Deep STJ Thoughts by 54b

Travel discussion for St. John
54b

Not-So-Deep STJ Thoughts by 54b

Post by 54b »

Can't take it, only 26 more days to the rock and I'm cracking up...so in honor of my 5th trip to STJ and mostly because I've yet to figure out how to post a ticker, I'm offering up - unsolicited of course - a series of Not-So-Deep Thoughts about STJ...

I think that if I were to be so bold as to open a bar on St. John...I think that I would call it, The Mosquito. And it would be a do-it-yourself Bloody Mary bar replete with all the usual ingredients plus some garnish from Josiphine 's Greens and that hot sauce from Shipwreck Landing. And I would add a box at the door for customer service comments in case anybody wanted to drink a double-shot of irony.

Thank you very much, I'll be here for 25 more insufferable days. Don't forget to tip your donkey.

54b
Last edited by 54b on Tue May 31, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Not a bad idea for a new bar, 54b....how about openeing an Asian resturant and call it "Drive Left, but Wok Right In"....Can't wait for 25 more thoughts from you, buddy! :D :D

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

54b

Post by 54b »

Thanks a lot, Bert, now I have to come up with a new Deep Thought #17 :D

Congrats on the short ticker, save some Painkillers for me.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Keep the tips coming.....I am so with you 54b, 18 days till St John, Rochester, NY is cold, damp, and rainy!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

We still have 40 days and 40 nights (oh so Biblical)until we his the coast. Keep the ideas coming.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Seasister

Post by Seasister »

Interesting idea. I love your posts. I always thought that my business on St John would be a traveling bar like the ice cream truck to bring cold beer right to you at the beach just like they do at the golf course.
54b

Post by 54b »

Seasister wrote:Interesting idea. I love your posts. I always thought that my business on St John would be a traveling bar like the ice cream truck to bring cold beer right to you at the beach just like they do at the golf course.
You would make a killing at Solamon and Salt point doing that, especially if you also had a blender running off a car battery.
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

Jack Handy couldn't have said it better himself. Looking forward to the remaining Deep Thoughts.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Yes the drink vehicle sounds like a great plan - please just be responsible for the empty bottles and plastic cups that you sell. Starting and running a business in STJ has always been proven to be an easy endeavor - what are you waiting for?
54b

Post by 54b »

Contrary to unpopular belief, the original lyrics to Zach Brown's hit song Toes In The Water were actually, "Toes in the water, derriere in the parrotfish poop." Though it does not score well on the J. Evans Pritchard Poetry Scale, nor is it as pleasing to the ear (or rear) as the eventual lyrics, scientifically speaking, it is correct. Apparently parrotfish eat coral and excrete sand that accounts for much of the beaches in the Caribbean we enjoy placing our buttocks in. But there's one thing I haven't figured out, are the parrotfish over near Blue Cobblestone beach really big or just constipated?
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

LOL :lol: :lol: You know, I never thought about it before, but as far as Blue Cobblestone beach goes.....most Parrot Fish ARE blue...... 8)

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Haha! Lovin' the thoughts 54b!!!
Image[/url]
54b

Post by 54b »

Thank you for the encouragement ColumbiaSC and Kentucky Girl...apparently word of my masterful bon mots is making its way West...KansasCity, here I come.

Scientists say that a long, long time ago, like even before I was born, all the land on Earth formed a single continent called Pangea. I swear, it's true. Don't believe me, you can Google it. Anyhow, I like to think that St. John was the bellybutton of Pangea because I often get sand in my bellybutton and other places mom says we're not supposed to talk about at parties. Anyway, those tiny grain stowaways sometimes make it all the way back home with me and I don't discover them until I'm in the shower like a week later. But when I do, I smile and say, "here little sand, go down the drain back into the ocean and swim or roll or sand your way back to St. John. I'll see you next year, same time, same beach.
54b

Post by 54b »

The days are really starting to slow down, at least Buffett is stoping by Frisco this weekend...

Shallow STJ Thought #23

I like to think the Petroglyphs on the Reef Bay hike tell the story of when the first Taino Indians arrived on St. John about 2,000 years ago and the ones with stars on their bellies went to the Cruz Bay side while the ones without stars on their bellies went to the Coral Bay side. They lived apart for many years because Coral Bay Taino indians thought the Cruz Bay Taino Indians were persnickety for demanding dwellings come equipped with bagel slicers and microwave safe ramekins while the Cruz Bay tribe thought the Coral Bay tribe was provincial and chided them for not having a working gas station or sunsets. But then a hurricane came and mixed up all the star bellied and non-star bellied Taino Indians and they agreed to disagree that the moral of the story is that while bagel slicers are not essential to survival and may be dangerous if young children are present in the home, they are pretty useful and cool.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Your daily missives are like an Advent Calendar for atheists! I look forward to the next one tomorrow.
When I think of you and Reef Bay, all I can think of is this: "For gosh sake... Hydrate!"