What restaurant for our 30th Anniversary dinner?

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

What restaurant for our 30th Anniversary dinner?

Post by Coden »

What restaurant for our 30th Anniversary dinner would you all suggest?

Of course we want to be wined and dined for our special evening meal. :wink:

Also, can I wear a pair of capri's and a collared shirt and get into any restaurant?

Same for DH...beige shorts and a collard shirt?
Coden
bevm

Post by bevm »

ZoZo's. Make a reservation and go at sunset. Very romantic.
Yes, I think those clothes will be fine. STJ is very casual.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

My absolute favorite is Rhumb Lines- I just adore the quaint bohemian vibe- their food, drinks & service are fabulous... but for a more elegant, refined feel (& more expensive), I'd go to Zozo's - it's very lovely, has excellent food & gorgeous views. And YES to wearing capris - I usually wear shorts - or a very casual skirt everywhere - it's all good mon, no problem. :-)
Peace,

Lisa
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

I think we will go to La Plancha Del Mar at their new location in Mongoose Junction for our anniversary dinner. Or maybe see if Caneel is doing their Monday night seafood buffet on the 8th. Isn't your anniversary the following Monday? Caneel could be a good choice! Let's hope for a pretty sunsets! :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I just got back and while there we celebrated our 48th anniversary twice. The actual day of our anniversary we ate a wonderful dinner at Cafe Roma. We called this our casual anniversary dinner. Then a few days later we celebrated again at The Equator at Caneel and called this our dressed up anniversary dinner. A collared shirt will get you in anywhere. I think the only place you need men need to wear long pants is at the Turtle Bay Steak House at Caneel and they were closed for the off-season.

Have a wonderful time wherever you go and congratulations!
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thank you to all...I've put all of your suggestions into my list! :)
Coden
Coden

Post by Coden »

Ok - I've looked at 4 menus so far, my mouth is watering. This is going to be a hard choice. :D
Coden
pandagirl

Post by pandagirl »

We love Rhumb Lines :D and also had a fabulous meal at La Plancha Del Mar :D
Coden

Post by Coden »

pandagirl wrote:We love Rhumb Lines :D and also had a fabulous meal at La Plancha Del Mar :D
I can see myself having the Creamy Thai-Curried Coconut Chicken Soup and the Pad Thai at Rhumb Lines often. Just those two dishes would keep me happy for 2 weeks. Ha!
Coden
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

dinner at one place and dessert at another if you cannot decide! Just an option if you have as much trouble making decisions like I do! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
wbran834

30th anniversary dinner

Post by wbran834 »

You must go to Waterfront Bistro and get the table to the left of the bar at sunset. Great service and atmosphere.

Billy Branner
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

We also love Asolare--if nothing else, head up for a pre-dinner cocktail and enjoy the spectacular sunset!

[/img]
[/url]
Coden

Post by Coden »

ERL - that is a good idea as I am always too full after eating a meal to really enjoy my dessert. Thnx!!

wbran & PandT - both great ideas and I have put them on my list. Wow!!
Coden
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

We just celebrated our 20th in March and had Ted Robinson (Ted's Supper Club) come to our villa and prepare an amazing dinner right there. Don't know what your budget is, but if you want amazing food, a charming personal chef and are staying somewhere with a really good view, he's a perfect choice. We went with the "full meal deal" which, even though it was fantastic, was too much food, but Ted wrapped everything up and we had a great lunch the next day.

Happy Anniversary (whenever it is).
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thnx Stampede - we've done something like that before and it was wonderful. Not sure we want to do it this time, though, but is on our list for another visit. :wink:
Coden