Recomendations for one night on St. Thomas

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Recomendations for one night on St. Thomas

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We may need to stay in St. Thomas one night next year. We are monitarily challanged, but do not want ot stay in a place that might have bugs. Any recomendations?
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

We usually stay at Best Western Emerald Beach. They are pretty nice, all room are ocean front, and very clean.

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

chrisn

Post by chrisn »

I concur. We always do our nightovers at Emerald Beach. Decent hotel. Nice Beach. Good pool. Fine restaurant. Great bar.
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

We're staying there our last night so we don't have to rush so quickly to the airport! Toes in the sand until the very last minute!! :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Capn Dan and Ruby

Great! It looks like we may be able to leave from an air port closer to home, but will get into St. Thomas at 8:30 pm., so we won't want to go to STJ untill we can get our jeep.
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

msgcolleen wrote:We're staying there our last night so we don't have to rush so quickly to the airport! Toes in the sand until the very last minute!! :wink:
That's what we do, Coleen. It is really nice not having to jump on the ferry and rush to the airport at the last minute. Just get up (ours was an early flight out anyway) and 3 minutes later you're at the terminal.

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

I too have stayed at Emerald beach for a night and enjoyed it each time.When my kids were younger we would stay at EB the first night and it was great. We would walk there right from the airport and the kids would change and go right to the beach. The restaurant has a good lunch menu and buffet breakfast.It has a nice little beach bar where I met shipwreck Pat and hubby once. It also has a nice little pool area too and I think it was only about $169 per nt.They also have a shuttle bus that runs to the BW carib beach if you wanted to eat at their mexican restaurant
Connie

Post by Connie »

Jeez, you have plans already????
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Capn Dan and Ruby

Connie wrote:Jeez, you have plans already????
Honey, I had plans for next year before we left for the last trip. :wink:
mkb

Post by mkb »

I've stayed at Hotel 1829 twice. It is not for everyone, a little rustic, but worked for me. Clean and safe. Be advised there are a LOT of stairs. If stairs are a problem, not a good choice.