Just back

Travel discussion for St. John
Knolmom

Just back

Post by Knolmom »

Arrived home late last PM from the "Twins Turn Teens Tour". Thanks to your prayers we had a wonderful time, with only one trip to the clinic.
Weather wonderful, bugs minimal and Sago Palms was drop dead gorgeous. Accessed the water at all the northshore beaches using my cane and walker. Nephews discovered that the walker also made an excellent diving platform when planted in the surf.
Left quite a few forumites still enjoying "peace love and sandy feet" for a few more days. Now to filling empty cupboards and doing laundry. Trip report and villa review soon come.
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

I just got back home too :cry:
I'm so glad you had a great trip and was able to meet you all at the forum gathering! Looking forward to your trip report and would love to see some pics of your awesome villa!
Cheers to our great week on the rock! :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

welcome home to both of you! glad to hear you had great trips and looking forward to the TR. :)
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We just got back as well, late Friday night.

Ugh.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Glad you all had a great time! It's soooo hard to come home! As Jimmy says, "I just wanna be there. I wanna go back down and live by the sea there!" Ahh!
loria

Post by loria »

sorry we didn't connect with you on this trip. hopefully another time. glad your trip was nice
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Sorry we missed some of you guys & gals! But my STJ spirit is still there~~ 8)

Knolmom

Just back

Post by Knolmom »

My day was not as stressful as Coleen's but
I did no laundry
I did no shopping
I did no unpacking
I did no cooking
I took a few naps
Each time I looked out the window the sky was grey
I saw no blue water, only brown grass
I NEED TO GO BACK
SOON, IF NOT SOONER
Maybe tomorrow will be better
I can look at villas for the next trip!!!
Patty

Post by Patty »

We are back as well from another wonderful trip with perfect weather. We so enjoyed meeting the forum folks at the Beach Bar and hope to see some of you there again next year. I was glad we got to see Colleen again at the airport. Maybe we can make that boat trip next year with Colleen and Coden!

I guess I think that each year our trip is better than the year before but this one seemed especially wonderful. We did not feel the need to get to every beach. We visited the one beach we love the most for three full days. It was just such a relaxing trip with time to enjoy each other and reconnect!

We are already planning our trip for next summer....it makes leaving a little easier.
Knolmom

Just back

Post by Knolmom »

I was so sorry I did not look for you guys at the airport on Friday. We were there from 11:30 until 1:30 waiting to board the NY flight, which was at the gate next to the 1:45 Miami flight. I was stuck in the wheelchair but I did get up once to go into the store to look for my favorite passionfruit jam, which they did not have.
If that was your flight it would have been nice to chat again. Cant believe that we had the most wonderful weather, just as we did four years ago in August. Maybe that will be our new trip time.
Still dragging today, with wet grey skies. Want to go back now. Have the miles, and can do, but saner minds( DH) prevail. I cant wait another year.
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

I hear ya Knollmom! I have plenty of AA miles and would be on the next flight if I could! 8)
Dang! I wish I saw you before we jumped on our Miami flight out! We had just enough time to grab a sandwich, wash down a beverage, say toodle-loo to Patty and Joe and it was time to board the mother ship home! :cry:
No wonder my camera fell out on the plane! Crazy rush with a splash of rum~~ :roll: