Paper Moon- Johnson Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
Dome526

Paper Moon- Johnson Bay

Post by Dome526 »

Anyone ever stay at Paper Moon on Johnson Bay? What was your experience? Tom in CT
augie

Post by augie »

My brother and sister-in-law stayed there in November 2008, when Leslie and I were at Reef Madness.

My impressions: It was small, old, and cluttered with knick knacks. No A/C if I recall. The water view isn't - you need to walk a little way to actually see the bay.

They picked the place because it was moderately priced and because the web site said that they would have use of the on property kayaks. The kayak(s?) was old and filled with mud - they ended up renting one fron Crabby's a couple of times.

They seemed to enjoy their stay, and still talk about drinking wine under the stars in the hot tub there, but it was their first visit to St. John, so a lot of the "magic" may have been from just being on island.
Come see us!
Dome526

Paper Moon

Post by Dome526 »

Part of the allure of Paper Moon is moderate price, and proximity to water. We are doing a champagne trip on a beer budget, with 3 in college at the same time. Therefore, our target is a villa near the water, with a hot tub, for about $180/night. Do you have any other suggestions? Our first week is booked for Cinnamon Bay Campground, and we have reservations for 1 week at Paper Moon. Tom in CT
augie

Post by augie »

See if this will work for you;

http://www.vrbo.com/172750
Come see us!
Yellowtail

Memorable

Post by Yellowtail »

We stayed at the Paper Moon in January of 2012. The house and property have some very nice details--from the floor tiles, to the woodwork and inside decoration, and the plants in the yard. The hot tub and grill worked well. There is a washer/dryer and Internet connection. The kayak was in good shape, too. And the owner was very nice. The only problem were a very loud bird (?) on some (but not all) nights. A fluke? Even with earplugs, there was no rest.