Bongo Bongo or Cocotier

Travel discussion for St. John
jdw

Bongo Bongo or Cocotier

Post by jdw »

We like both of these villas. Since a sunset view is important, does one villa have a better view than the other?

Thanks!
BreakawayBarb

Bongo Bongo v Cocotier

Post by BreakawayBarb »

I can't speak for Cocotier (although we have stayed nearby and the views are really terrific) but my husband and I stayed at Bongo Bongo in 2007 and are planning on returning later this year. For us, the house is ideal. We love the open, indoor-outdoor floor plan, the huge deck and pool, the twinkling lights at night, the care that the owners took with every step of the design (check out the Bongo Bongo blog), the beautiful kitchen, the great bedrooms...Obviously we are fans.

It rained for much of our stay in 2007, but we didn't mind because we loved Bongo Bongo.

And the view is excellent.

Let me know if you'd like more info. Happy to help.
jdw

Re: Bongo Bongo v Cocotier

Post by jdw »

BreakawayBarb wrote:I can't speak for Cocotier (although we have stayed nearby and the views are really terrific) but my husband and I stayed at Bongo Bongo in 2007 and are planning on returning later this year. For us, the house is ideal. We love the open, indoor-outdoor floor plan, the huge deck and pool, the twinkling lights at night, the care that the owners took with every step of the design (check out the Bongo Bongo blog), the beautiful kitchen, the great bedrooms...Obviously we are fans.

It rained for much of our stay in 2007, but we didn't mind because we loved Bongo Bongo.

And the view is excellent.

Let me know if you'd like more info. Happy to help.
Thanks Barb - Do you get a sunset view from the hot tub?
RickG

Post by RickG »

Cocotier has some good sunset and St. Thomas night views. It has four bedrooms vs. two bedrooms at Bongo Bongo. The Cocotier pool is on the same level as the main house and provides a great spot for afternoon chilling.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
jdw

Post by jdw »

RickG wrote:Cocotier has some good sunset and St. Thomas night views. It has four bedrooms vs. two bedrooms at Bongo Bongo. The Cocotier pool is on the same level as the main house and provides a great spot for afternoon chilling.

Cheers, RickG
Thanks Rick! Can you watch the sunset from the hot tub at Cocotier? We are leaning toward Cocotier although we only need the two bedrooms - we think we may need the full AC and Bongo Bongo does not have that.
RickG

Post by RickG »

jdw, the Hot Tub is on the south side of the deck with foliage to the south. Depending on your time of year, you may be able to see the sunset, but it won't be optimal with your sight lines from the the hot tub. You CAN see the sunset from the more northerly sections of the deck.

Check out suncalc.net, it will show you where the sun will be at sunset on the date of your trip. Bottom line, winter solstice is good, spring solstice not so good.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
BreakawayBarb

Sunset from Bongo Bongo hot tub

Post by BreakawayBarb »

Hi, jdw,

Sorry for the delay. Looks like RickG provided good info re hot tub and sunset views. The hot tub is higher up, on the main house-level deck, and we did get great views.

p.s.: just booked Bongo Bongo for our next visit! :-)