Fun in the Sun - Part 4

Travel discussion for St. John
Rhonda

Fun in the Sun - Part 4

Post by Rhonda »

Link to Part 1 http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... hp?t=23634

Link to Part 2 http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... hp?t=23638

Link to Part 3 http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... hp?t=23649

June 10th - Another beautiful day, we had amazing weather the entire three weeks. We went to Hansen Bay & then to the Beach Bar around 6:00 for the Forum get together. It was so fun to put faces with the postings. We met the Shaw's, Eagle Ray Lover & Augie, Captain John & Sue, Deb & Captain Jay. We had a great time plus saw a beautiful Sunset. We went by Uncle Joe's for ribs on our way back to the cottage. A FUN day!

This porcupine fish followed us for a long time. I thought we were going to have to bring him home with us!

June 11th - We went to Little Lameshur for the first time. We had always been a little afraid of the road but after reading all the posts about snorkeling there, we decided to go. We didn't have a problem, just went very slow. We also stopped at the Tourist Trap for the first time but they are closed on Monday. Will try again next trip.

June 12th - We went out with Captain Phil on the Wayward Sailor. This was our 5th trip with him & always a highlight of our vacation. He is so interesting & always takes us to great snorkeling spots. He first took us our to Carvel Rock but it was very wavy & Captain Phil was not comfortable with us going in. I was glad because it was rough looking. We ended up snorkeling at Congo Cay & Turtle Bay. The water was crystal clear at both places. We had an awesome day!

This is the house between Honeymoon & Salomon.

June 13th - Back to Caneel Bay.

June 14th - Back to awesome Waterlemon. The water was so calm that we went around the cay twice. We went to Shipwreck Landing for a late lunch & in the evening went to St. John Spice to get T-shirts for the grandkids.

The blue runners were on top of the water chasing the silversides

Final Report - We go back to Salomon, Denis, Salt Pond, Maho, & another Beach Bar gathering.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Another great installment.

We have always shied away from the Lameshur road; maybe next time.

We also love Captain Phil and have not made a trip with him the last couple of times; on the agenda for November.

Definitely check out the Tourist Trap next time. Great food and people.
janet
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Looks like some forum fun at the Beach Bar and more fishy fun underwater! I still haven't made it to Little Lamshure . . . the beach looks beautiful . . . and would love to go out with Capt. Phil. So much to do still!:wink:
Thanks for sharing your adventures Rhonda!! 8)
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Wanda Creech

undrewater pictures

Post by Wanda Creech »

Great underwater pictures. So clear and colorful. Wish mine
were that good. Great meeting you at the beach bar.
Wanda
Beach Creecher
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

Thanks, Wanda. Sorry, I knew there was someone else from N.C. but couldn't remember your name. Enjoyed meeting you & hope to see you next time.
CBama

Post by CBama »

Still enjoying your reports.

I can't believe so many posters that are frequent visitors have never been to Lamashur. The road was fine when we visited in June. If there had been rain I guess it might have been different.

But if you have a four wheel drive keep then mud holes should not be a problem anyway

I guess everything depends on your perspective. We live in the country and dirt roads are just a normal Occurence. The road didn't seem rough to us at all Lamashur was one of our favorites.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I have loved all your reports! Great underwater pics!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Image[/url]