I've found a St. John cure!!

Travel discussion for St. John
ColoradoMom

I've found a St. John cure!!

Post by ColoradoMom »

Ok, I know this won't work for everyone but it worked for me!!! A cure for my St. John addiction!! This summer we went for 16 days, it was splendid and we loved every minute. But guess what? On the 15th day I was ok with going home! That's never happened before. Ever! Been home for months now and I am actually planning a Europe trip instead of, gulp, St. John.

Too busy to have written a TR but I will share the absolute highlight. We got up early to snorkle Leinster Bay, the shoreline. Perfect day, calm water. We were walking along the path taking it all in and holy moly there is a 6 or 7 foot nurse shark swimming parallel to the shore alongside us. We joked that it was tailing us cuz he was hungry, but knowing they are "harmless" we weren't worried. Much. Thankfully it turned, or slowed, and was left far behind as we continued walking to a sandy put-in spot. We got on our stuff, shoved our backpack into a hole in some tree roots, and got in. Very shallow entry. Literally TWO kicks out and there was the nurse shark 10 feet to my left! Husband and I were so awestruck! Hearts pounding, smiling around our snorkles. It turned away when it saw us and we carried on with a great shore snorkle. That's what we love about St. John trips. They are always different! Different weather, water, creatures to see. Can't share any more. Gotta look at the spice cam. Gotta check ticket prices, arghhhhhhhhhh it's back. Full force!
Help! :wink:
TrvlJohn

Re: I've found a St. John cure!!

Post by TrvlJohn »

Doesn't work for me...I go for 17 days every May and I still don't want to go home...Maybe I need to go for 27 days...hmmm....
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs