Nov 29 Island update and BIG announcement

Travel discussion for St. John
Bill in Va

Nov 29 Island update and BIG announcement

Post by Bill in Va »

Please be seated....OK grab something to drink....I'll wait for you and while you are filling the glass I will give a quickey since we arrived on the 24th. Rotary deal is the BOMB. Put on list if on island next year. Great food and drink and a great cause. Sunday at Moho was great except the vis sucked. Beach Bar forum hookup that afternoon brought us together with St John Mike from Minn and Mary from Conn. St John Mike is on island long enough to run for public office. Monday at Hansen, just past Vie's who is closed on Monday, good vis and octopus just off the beach to the right about 20 feet from the first tree in the round rock. We stayed at the villa, Beach Estate Artistic Villas by Donald Schnell, all day Tuesday waiting for THE call. Part of the info arrived but the final did not. Wed we went to Vie's and had a fantastic time. Great vis for the snorkel and the visit of the party barge! Designer/builder/owner/capt/bartender..is Peter. I look in the distance and see a big pontoon house boat headed to the beach. It rolls in an throws out the hook and the ladders hit the water. Bingo party barge. All drinks are $5. Warning to wimpy drink drinkers. This is varsity stuff. Again put this on the list. Vie charges $2.50 per person by the way but who cares....We met up with the Orange camo folk from Ohio and were with Mary/Mel/DC photo and her niece and Seth. Back to the villa and as I was bringing drinks to Sandie, Mary who were in the pool when the cell phone rang. OK pick up your drink. The company just approved the sale of our agency to the new buyer effective Jan 1 2013....I went on my knees thanking the Lord in tears. It has been a fantastic ride of 33 plus years as an Allstate agent. We thank you for being a large part of our St John life.
Today, Thursday, was a killer day at Maho. Turtles/lemon shark/ray and the other fish we always see. Great vis. I am looking out on Great Cruz Bay as I type it. Wind chill is 83. Wish you were here my forum family.....God bless..Bill and Sandie
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
lprof

Re: Nov 29 Island update and BIG announcement

Post by lprof »

Congratulations on the BIG news! Now, relax and continue the limin'.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

For a minute there I thought you were going to tell us that you had won the Power Ball! :shock: But this sounds like the next best thing so, Congratulations!!
Continue to keep us informed of your trip...it's how we survive!
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
toni

Post by toni »

Congrats to you guys! Now you are retired you can buy a place on St. John :D
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

So you are selling your business?!?!? (forgive me, we just got home from dinner and I had wine)

Congrats to you! Are you moving to STJ? We had a grand time last night dreaming about how we would spend any power ball winnings. The clerks at our local gas station got a good laugh out of me because I didn't know how to buy a ticket.

We hope to paddle ourselves out to Angels Rest in February.
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Congrats on the sale... big, exciting news!
Now... perhaps you could be house hunting? Get to it!
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

Congrats on your good news! Thanks on your update where you saw the octopus! I have yet to see one on St John. Appreciate that you described the area you saw it.
Now you can really cut loose and enjoy the rest of your vacation!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Oh wow! Congrats! 8)
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Smiling as I read this- congrats and I William up that drink very soon!!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

Congratulations on the sale! Now you can retire in style! Keep up the good vacation vibes and relax, relax, relax! You are now on permanent island time! :D