Help me Decide/Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
mdcoles1

Help me Decide/Villa

Post by mdcoles1 »

I have narrowed it down to: Beas Maison, Anchorage Aweigh, In Harmony Retreat, Harbor View Cottage....I know right???

Let me hear any first hand experiences...visiting in September. 4th Trip and to long since my last...
lazylane

Re: Help me Decide/Villa

Post by lazylane »

I would choose one with a view of the harbor! Watching the harbor come to life each morning is one of our favorite things!
sasky

Post by sasky »

I can speak a little bit to Beas Maison. We stayed there about 4 years ago, and I think they've re-done it since, at least that's what it looks like from the pictures. It suited us fine. It was a good size for 2 people, had everything we needed, fantastic views with a telescope to check out the local fisherman. Some trivial complaints...I do remember the bed being very hard, but that's personal preference (and I was pregnant at the time, so take that for what it's worth). And there was ridiculously low water pressure in the shower. I know that's part of the island, but we've stayed at 4 other villas and it was never THAT low. The pool was fine, although on the small side. One thing that was cute was under the house there are TONS of hermit crabs, so they encourage you to throw food over the deck to feed them. We spent a lot of time watching them scurry out from underneath. It was nice to be able to walk to Concordia for a quick drink or a slice of key lime pie. I think you could also walk to the Tourist Trap, or at least you drove by it so we stopped there a few times.

If it wasn't so far out in John's Folly we would probably stay there again. But man, it's a drive. Glad we tried Coral Bay, but we are definitely partial to the sunset.
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

Just booked Jumbie Villa for October...oh boy...excited. need a ticker. :lol:
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Hi there...
You'll love Jumbie. It's relatively easy to get to, wonderful layout and a great location! You can't go wrong! I've written a review about it but if you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

YIPPPEEEE FOR YOU!

Lisa