STJ ON A BUDGET

Travel discussion for St. John
vacagirl

STJ ON A BUDGET

Post by vacagirl »

This will be my 4th trip to STJ and it will not be til next year but I am wanting to scope out some places. I am SO excited that I will be bringing my sister with me who has never been before. I know my wants are on the high expectation end of a budget, but I'm sure there is someplace on island that will meet these requests. I am looking for either a 1-2 bdr. condo/villa with a pool. Would like to stay at approx. $1000 for the week. Does anybody know of any places like this. The only one I have found so far is Serendip. Would greatly appreciate any help given.
My Heart is in St. John!
News of St. John

Re: STJ ON A BUDGET

Post by News of St. John »

What time of year are you going? Prices vary by season.
Jenn, News of St. John
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

check out cruz views....and this one http://www.vrbo.com/478545

Have stayed at both...hard to beat these prices and have access to a pool.
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

vacagirl wrote: I am looking for either a 1-2 bdr. condo/villa with a pool. Would like to stay at approx. $1000 for the week. Does anybody know of any places like this. The only one I have found so far is Serendip. Would greatly appreciate any help given.
These two look nice, and close to Cruz Bay
---------------------------------------------------
Kachira http://www.vrbo.com/417604
Petit Tresor http://www.carefreegetaways.com/home.ph ... e%27sor%20

There's also Concordia, on the other end of the island. They often have last-minute specials in the summer with up to 20% discounts. http://www.concordiaeco-resort.com/
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

I'll second the Cruz Views suggestion. We stayed at Unit 7 there earlier this month; the normal off-season rate of $125 per night was discounted to $112, and the pool is good sized for St. John, maybe 14' x 26'. It's quite close to town, but the hill is a bit much if you are on foot.

All the best,

Kevin
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Coconuts wrote:I'll second the Cruz Views suggestion. We stayed at Unit 7 there earlier this month; the normal off-season rate of $125 per night was discounted to $112, and the pool is good sized for St. John, maybe 14' x 26'. It's quite close to town, but the hill is a bit much if you are on foot.

All the best,

Kevin
Kevin, I assume you were kicked out of both of your villas? That would be a good thing I assume :wink:
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Yeah; we spent the first twelve days at Plumeria, during which we got a LOT done, but were in pretty much non-stop villa enhancement mode, with a bunch of contractors on site to add to the chaos. We only made it to a beach once, and that for an hour and a half late on one afternoon. Coconuts was rented the whole time, natch, and on June 12th, guests were due to arrive at Plumeria. That was our first stab at being "greeters", which was more work than it seems, what with two separate arrivals, each having missed their announced ferry. The next five days staying down at Cruz Views felt like a real vacation; we got to the beach every day, kicked back, caught live music and a forum gathering, and recharged.

I'm nearly caught up from the time away from work and home, and will post soon on our progress at Plumeria.

All the best,

Kevin
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Kevin - Can't wait to see the progress of Plumeria... no doubt, you are working hard when you are down there!
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

Thank you for your help. I found a couple I really liked and did not know they existed. I really think I'm going to check out Kachira when it is closer to time. Really liked that one. We are planning to come sometime around July or August of next year so we will hit low season rates and hopefully be out of rainy season then. I've always seemed to pick "hurricane season" before and had success with awesome weather so hopefully we will have nothing but the heat and sun for this one.
My Heart is in St. John!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Coconuts wrote: The next five days staying down at Cruz Views felt like a real vacation; we got to the beach every day, kicked back, caught live music and a forum gathering, and recharged.

All the best,

Kevin
We really enjoyed meeting you guys at the gathering! Hope to see you again!
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

My sister and I are staying at Kachira for 2 weeks in August. I used to own a condo in Pastory and am familar with the unit. It has undergone a wonderful remodel. I like the fact that it is right by the pool and grill. Pastory is a quiet setting. Also like the fact that there are other tenants living close by. especially when we are two women alone. The king size bed and the pull out sofa are just right for us. Pastory gets some wonderful winds so that the fans are sufficient. Plus the price is right!
The owner Tom is great to work with and his son Alex lives on island so is there to help if need be.If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

Thank you so much silverheels......I am going to PM you with a question.
My Heart is in St. John!