Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel

Travel discussion for St. John
philbetm

Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel

Post by philbetm »

We stayed here for the first two nights of our trip 2 weeks ago. I just wanted to say...Thank You to David and Denise ! They are the greatest owners/hosts....went out of the way to make sure everything was great ! We loved sitting on the front porch/deck area when it was raining ...just enjoying the breezes and talking to other guests. Breakfast there in the mornings was just right! They are in the process of adding 4 new rooms and a laundry area for their guests. David is a very hard worker on this project. My hubby enjoyed talking shop with him very much! We look forward to staying there again. If you need a place for a few nights before or after your Villa stay....give them a try !

Sherry Philbeck
" I believe there's Magic here...."
TraumaQueen

Re: Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel

Post by TraumaQueen »

I agree! We stayed there May 2012 for 3 nights and will not hesitate to stay again. I'm glad to hear about the laundry room addition.....that means I can pack less next time :D .
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We are booked there for one night in November for our stay. We are looking forward to it with all the good reviews..:)
[/url]
lprof

Post by lprof »

We spent 3 nights there in February and would happily return!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

We are staying the first 3 nights of our trip there, then off to Apito for the remaining 10! Looking forward to it!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

I am very lucky that Denise befriended me and has become one of my sweetest friends on island very shortly after I moved here and I love her!! The renovations are anticipated to be done in three months! So exciting!! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

EagleRayLover.....you surely did make a good friend...and I know from talking to her she feels the same way about you ! :D

Sherry
Dome526

Post by Dome526 »

I only have 1 regret about CB Boutique hotel....that we only stayed 1 night at the beginning of our trip. Denise and David understand HOW to make a guest feel special. EVERYTHING about this place is excellent. Great value, and a perfect breakfast. We will include this on our next trip to STJ. It is a perfect way to start..get off the ferry, walk over to the Beach Bar, have a couple of drinks, then walk up the street to the CB Boutique Hotel.. After a long day of travel, if was perfect to be able to walk from the ferry, and not worry about renting a car and parking. We didn;t rent a car until Thursday, after arriving on Sunday. More rooms? Great! Laundry? Great! Wish more people were like Denise and David!
Tom in CT
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Yes Dome526....the new rooms are going in the building over Sogo's . They are going to have a connecting walkway on the second floor.
It was looking good when we were there ! And you couldn't find better host in my opinion ! :D

Sherry in SC
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Do they have parking?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
TraumaQueen

Post by TraumaQueen »

Teresa_Rae wrote:Do they have parking?
I didn't have a jeep during our stay there, but I did not see any parking. Of course it was my first stay on island and could've overlooked it.
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

They do not have parking. St John car rental is very close if you are renting from them. The big free lot near the car ferry terminal is about a 5-10 minute walk through town- not bad at all.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Hey there...Teresa_Rae,

That was our greatest concern when we booked. We had a jeep rental in STT. They don't have parking at the Hotel...but it was not a problem at all. They do have a place to pull in to unload your luggage. Then you can either pay to park behind the hotel or just park in the free gravel lot at the car ferry. That is what we chose to do after talking to the Hotel owners and to the Company we rented our Villa through....Our Villa Rep. actually said that is where she parks daily and walks to and from the office. They all assured us that it was very safe for not only us to walk but for the car safety as well. And they were right ! Hubby would just take the shortcut over the hill and be there in five minutes...then come around and pick me up. We would not hesitate to do it that way again.
Hope this helps ! :D

Sherry
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

Teresa_Rae wrote:Do they have parking?
Conrad Sutton is on one side of the hotel and Delbert Hill is on the other. If you rented with either of them, you wouldn't have an issue with parking. St. John Car Rental is right around the corner as well.
Jenn, News of St. John
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

I park I the free lot almost every day and it is great. Safe and in my opinion, much easier to negotiate than A lot of the car rental lots.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting