Travel discussion for St. John
lprof

Caneel Bay no longer managed by Rosewood

Post by lprof »

... no longer a stranger to paradise
pmk

Re: Caneel Bay no longer managed by Rosewood

Post by pmk »

No mention of Cinnamon Bay Campground but presumably the new management company will take this over too?

pmk
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Interesting.

We stayed at Caneel a number of times over the past 18 years and it continues to be one of my favorite places. We visited the bar and grill a couple of times in February and I noticed a change in the staffing. There were many, many more staff on duty and the managers were also busing tables and delivering food. I was surprised to see this, it was a notable change from what I remember in the past.
Mrs. B

Post by Mrs. B »

Does Caneel still have the deal where you can pay $20 to park there for the day?
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Mrs B.

They did when we were there in April, but we had dinner at the Sugar Mill so they credited our parking. It will be interesting to see how this practice transitions.
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

For some reason I don't think this is a good thing. Caneel Bay has always been one of my happy places ever since my husband and I first stayed there back in 2003. I hope I am wrong because I would like to return at some point (but they are closed now when we travel so we stay at a villa). I just hope they keep Caneel Bay as is - understated but yet elegant in its own "St. John" way.