Restaurant Question

Travel discussion for St. John
FlaGeorge

Restaurant Question

Post by FlaGeorge »

Hi All, it’s been over 7 years since we last when to STJ and I’m sure a lot has changed.

There was a restaurant that was upstairs (near the lumberyard - I think) that served breakfast in the morning under one name and then changed names for dinner. I remember the breakfast was good. Does anyone know the names of the restaurant(s) and if they are still there?
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Wolfhound

Re: Restaurant Question

Post by Wolfhound »

I think you mean Jake's formerly Chilly Billy's. It is a Wolfhound family favorite for breakfast.
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

Here is the link for Jake's. http://www.jakesstjohn.com/index.html

The evening restaurant is no longer in business.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

That was it. Thanks for the info and the link. I have it down to do brakfast there.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
RickG

Post by RickG »

Hey there, it has been a while!

It's kind of hard to remember back 7 years, but restaurants have closed, opened, closed a couple of times. A lot of the old standbys are still there. We hit Cruz Bay Landing where JJ's used to be, owned by Todd & Christie formerly of Woody's, and really enjoyed the bar and apps. They do breakfast as well, but we have not been there for that. It is very nice looking, and it was great to see Beach Bar Boo behind such a nice bar.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

A subject near and dear to my heart, since Chilly Billy's was a place of many happy breakfast memories. Broke my heart a little when they closed. They used to have a box of Trivial Pursuit cards on the table that we'd play with the utes and they gave them little trinket prizes and lollipops at the end. Made a nice bloody mary, too.

For a while during their tenure it was called 10 Tables at night and I heard they did a very nice, high end dinner but never did get there. It's a better morning location imo. It sat empty for a little while then Jake's took over. They do every bit as good a breakfast as CB, imo. Give em a try!