Am I the only one???

Travel discussion for St. John
cjroyer

Am I the only one???

Post by cjroyer »

As I sit here this morning grateful that the 1-3" of snow they predicted for today seems to have missed us, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who just can't seem to stop thinking of my favorite place on earth? Am I the only one who checks the Spice Cam 3-4 times a day? Am I the only one who can't stop talking about the beauty and tranquility I feel when I'm on the beaches of St John? Am I the only one who starts looking for villa's for our next trip before our current trip is even here?

Today is my day off. I should be cleaning. Instead, I'm sitting here looking at YouTube video's of St John, reading the forum, liking new facebook pages of business on St John, writing this post on this forum.

I am down to 36 days until our next trip. Condo and Villa are paid for, jeeps are rented, lists are made, snorkel gear checked, playlists are being made, new bathing suits and flip flops bought. I am ready!! So until then........The Beach Bar will be waiting with my first island Bushwacker, Joe's Rum Hut will have my shot of Patron, someone will be keeping my barstool at Aqua Bistro warm, and Miss Lucy will be ready with her pineapple/coconut pancakes and mimosa's. I hope to run into some forum family while there. I'll be the one with the look of sheer bliss on her face :)

P.S. Liamsaunt - I see your be on island while we are there. We want to snorkel with you :wink:
michigan girls

Re: Am I the only one???

Post by michigan girls »

Not the only one

I not only have everything, including my packing, done for this upcoming trip - I also have the August trip almost completely done and have been villa shopping for next April.

I'm at twice a day on spice cam and multiple times here.
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

guilty as charged.
portiemom

Post by portiemom »

ummm…..NO! I count the wake-ups til out next trip the day we get home from the island!!! ….32btw!
lisa
star2515

Post by star2515 »

Totally guilty! 34 days here!! Making the last few arrangements and beginning to plan my packing. :) Happy Days ahead!! Can't wait til I can add weather checks to my forum and spice cam checks!
54b

Post by 54b »

Heck no and I'd say you've got a mild case comparatively speaking.

We don't leave for 90 days and I've already uncorked a 9-page Word Doc complete with an 8-day itinerary down to the hour on my family and the family we're traveling with.

(Their heads are still spinning and eyes probably still rolling)

I have no idea if we'll actually follow the itinerary at all and I don't care, I just wanted to imagine everything we could do on this upcoming trip in painfully delicious detail.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
PointPeeps

Post by PointPeeps »

Misery loves company ........no no no! BLISS, St John Bliss loves company!
Heck no, you are definitely not the only one!
Can't get back to St John soon enough. Planning is half the fun. We are booked for 2015. Having to wait that long is tough, but something great to look forward to! :)
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

Not alone!
This is why I make videos of my trips, and post them on youtube...it gives me joy to watch them and dream of the next time...(Not until Oct. :shock: :cry: )
I hope to some day go as often as Id like..but for now I'm lucky to get 1-2 times a year... :?

I am looking out at snow right now...when we should be having 40-50 degree weather..sooo...This forum ,the spice cam and youtube are my salvation.
Thanks for being here guys! <3
BetsyV

Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Had to plan other diversions to keep my mind at ease. We have a little while, butt I just talked to Capn Dan about how much we could afford a spring break trip next year instead of a trip to the mountains or a cruise. Oh yea, St. John is still in high season in March! Sh&%$ :evil: !!!!
jclampet

Post by jclampet »

You have to do what you have to do, but for certain the winter in my space looks much better with massive framed beach pictures on the wall, maritime decor on the shelves and spice cam/beach bar cam images bouncing off my computer screen. With it all I get to smile and imagine the approaching reality of my impending return to Gibney, Lienster, Salomon, Honeymoon, etc... If thats crazy, then I am a loon :D Nope you're not the only one!!!
rays&rum13

Post by rays&rum13 »

Every. Single. Day. The only reason I don't call into work is because it would mess up my routine of checking STJ news, the trade winds, the forum, TA, etc... Lol. October can't come soon enough for us!
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Me too!

Feeling very vitamin-D deficient these days -- trying to soak it in via the Spice Cam, but it just isn't working.

I have the added misfortune (um, I mean privilege) of having 3 friends visiting STJ (separately) over the next few weeks. And I have no ticker at all right now.

I'm very happy for them. Really. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

rays&rum13 wrote:Every. Single. Day. The only reason I don't call into work is because it would mess up my routine of checking STJ news, the trade winds, the forum, TA, etc... Lol.
The only reason I keep working is because I can tell myself with every job I finish "1/10 of that fee goes into the St John vacation fund" But I do check both forums everyday, and fare matrix as I always have a next trip hanging out there that I haven't bought airfare for, and the spice cam, and now the STT reef cam.

I have such a problem...