Birthday present for Husband?

Travel discussion for St. John
Connie

Birthday present for Husband?

Post by Connie »

We'll be staying on STT, but will make 2-3 trips over to STJ when we're there from Nov 7 - Nov 14.

Husband doesn't need anymore underwear, socks, t shirts, pants...you get the idea.

His birthday is Nov.10th and I'm looking for something that the 2 of us can do together on either island.

It's a Saturday, and I know we'll make it to someplace for dinner, but what can I give him?

Guys....besides that :oops:
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Thats funny I was going to say THAT. Give him THAT all week long try something ya never have done before doing THAT. Guarenteed it will make his vacation and he will thank you for THAT. We are simple as you girls all know. Give us a bunch of THAT and a full belly and were some happy campers.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Connie

Post by Connie »

I think I need some of the gals to chime in.

:lol:

Funny guys!

I would either tell my husband to "Grow Up" or "Get your mind out of the gutter".
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

I agree with the guys. Give him THAT. It's free. Then go spend your money on yourself. He's happy. You're happy. Everybody's happy. :D
Connie

Post by Connie »

I still need a present!! I know we're in the islands and that should be present enough, but I just want to do something special for a special person.

We've been together, including being married for 35 years. Went to grade school, high school and college together. In our early 50s and best friends. Love the water, the beach and always looking for new adventures.

Has anybody done snuba? Is there anyplace down there? Or would a kayak trip be nice?

I want to book this before I go down, keep it secret and then wake up in the morning and say "Guess what we're doing today?"
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Beyond what everyone else has said :lol:

Instead of a "thing" gift, what about an activity? One idea: how about arranging for a dinghy rental on St. John? You could pack a picnic to take along, with a bottle of champagne. A picnic lunch on a secluded beach might be a fun birthday activity. Noahs Little Arks is one St. John company that does dinghy rentals--you could do a half or a full day.

Another option would be to arrange for a sunset sail. You could do that on either island.

Or, you could go parasailing together, if you are brave enough. (I'm not!)
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Sandwitch

Post by Sandwitch »

If you'd like to splurge, take him on a surprise seaplane trip to St. Croix for lunch in Christiansted. No airport/security hassles since you catch it close to downtown and it's fun. You just get off the seaplane & walk along the boardwalk & there you are. 8)

Or have you taken the Atlantis submarine ride?
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

From what I've been reading on the other string, it seems to me that if you give him lots of THAT and some THIS plus a cordless drill and beer, it will be the best birthday ever. You may also want to spend that day over on Jost just relaxing. (After so much THAT) :wink:
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I booked a parasailing thing for my hubby one time and he LOVED it (not in STJ though). This time I am making sure he gets a night dive. When I plan our trips, I always get all the stuff I want to do lined up, but I always want to be sure he's getting some GUY stuff in there.

If he's adventurous, I'd do a couples intro to scuba (I am assuming you are not divers) with Colette of 6paq. I think its around $100 per person. No experience necessary and it is a totally nonthreatening way to do something completely different.

Pick something that HE would like. Champagne on the beach would not do it for my guy. He would do go along with it for me, but it would not be a selfless gift to him. You could also do a 1/2 day sail and snorkel trip for about $70pp.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I love it; I was going to give the same response as Wolfhound. LOL - Too funny! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I was going to suggest a day sail. Some folks in our group took one from STT. I can get the name for you; they said it was fabulous, and it wasn't expensive.

Aside from the day sail, I agree with everyone else on what you should give him. THAT is pretty much all they want anyhow. (Well, besides beer and food, of course. Maybe you're staying somewhere that has SportsCenter on the TV?!?)
Wakeclt

Post by Wakeclt »

I'm working on something for my "special someone" while I'm down in a few weeks, and here's a couple ideas I've tossed around:

1. Private Chef to prepare dinner at the Villa (don't have to dress up, drive, etc....just relax in the villa and be catered to by a personal chef!)

2. "Couples" massage...some guys could care less about a massage, but trust me, I think he'd enjoy it. Ask to do it outdoors on the deck or patio of your villa...can't beat that!!

3. Helicopter Tour - probably megabucks, and since you're going to have to take off from Ceril E. King airport. I read in an earlier post a long time ago on VIOL.com that you may be able to get permission to take off from the helipad on St. John at the medical center, but I doubt that is true.

4. SeaPlane tour - maybe more economical than the helicopter tour, but still megabucks I'm sure

5. Captain guided boat trip. Self explanatory...tons of info on this topic on the forum.

6. Deep Sea fishing trip. If he's into that.

That's about all I have for now...
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Back to the THAT for his gift. Buy yourself some sexy lingerie, wrap it and give it to him. My wife has done this and I love it. She gets lingerie that she will ACTUALLY wear and I get THAT.

From a male point of view...more sheer, less lace.

If your villa is private, wear the little naughty outside in the day time. You will have him howling at the moon.

It will be a birthday he not soon to forget!!! :oops:
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

A couples massage is a great idea. I have a friend who is a massage therapist and she always recommends them for every occasion. I was going to recommend Nomadic Spa, but then I realized that you are staying on STT. I'm not sure whom you'd call there.