Planning a wedding on St Thomas

Travel discussion for St. John
sflemi00

Planning a wedding on St Thomas

Post by sflemi00 »

I notice that most of these topics are about St John. My fiancee and I are planning a wedding in St Thomas in late May/ early June of this year. We would like to stay somewhere that is private. We have been trying to contact http://www.bambooshaycottage.com/ for their rental. Does anyone know anything about this place?
Also, anyone that has had a wedding on St Thomas. It will just be us two and we want to have the cermony on a secluded beach. Any suggestions? Any insight, info, or help would be great. Thanks in advance
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Sorry there has not been more responses, we are pretty much STJ junkies.

I have no idea about the villa, but have a bit of wedding advice. You will have to be on island earlier enough before the wedding to get a marriage license. It can be a somewhat tricky process, so make sure you have all the documentation you need. Also, I believe that you will need to have 2 witnesses for it to be legal as well.
Although it will just be the 2 of you, you may want to contact a wedding planner, they can rally help navigate the process. ********Edited to get rid of the non Anthony link*****
Last edited by Xislandgirl on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

Anthony has a wedding planning page too.
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/u ... ings.shtml
RickG

Post by RickG »

Another person to check with is Rev. Stu at www.usviservices.com. He has been a good friend to forumites. Check the archives here for some trip reports that mention him.

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... ht=rev+stu

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
kma27

planning a wedding on STT

Post by kma27 »

I was just there in STT for a wedding for my daughter in October and we used Weddingstheislandway and they were terrific! We had the ceremony on a secluded part of Magen's Bay and it was perfect. They used the best videographer, photographer and minister for the occasion and I would recommend them highly. They have a website which is now updated that can tell you everything! Best wishes to you and let me know if you have any other questions!!
sflemi00

Post by sflemi00 »

Thanks everyone for your insight. The rental property that I listed is for sale so we won't be staying there. We are having a hard time trying to figure out where to stay since we have never been there. I have contacted Rev. Stu and he seems great! Everything that I have read or heard about him is always positive. Thanks for supplying me with his info though.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Did you ever think ab out staying on STJ there are alot of private places
sflemi00

Post by sflemi00 »

No we haven't thought about STJ. I am not really sure why we haven't. Its my fiancee's decision to go to STT. I will have to mention STJ to her and see what she thinks. I think she may have decided not to go to STJ because there isn't an airport there and she didn't want the extra worry/stress about getting to STJ. But if its more private and has more to offer, heck why not look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

What are you looking to spend on your place to stay We can help you with suggestions
sapphirecat

Post by sapphirecat »

Since your finance decided on STT, she must have been there before and found some beaches to love, no?

I think many of the beaches are suitable for weddings, since the beautiful blue sea is so lovely everywhere around STT.

At the time of year you wish to marry, it's not high season and both the mornings, and especially the afternoons, after 3, will allow you at least a piece of a beach to yourselves.

A lovely choice marrying in the islands! congratulations and good luck.

Cat
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Congratulations! Boy, if I knew then what I know now, an island wedding would have been so much nicer and more intimate and hassle free than the big headache stressful wedding! For a STT location, take a look at Lindqvist Beach on the east end of STT, still pretty remote and very quiet - especially on weekday mornings:

Sherri Merritt (who also posts on this board as sherri) is a wonderful wedding coordinator on STT, working with Weddings the Island Way: http://www.weddingstheislandway.com/ I know Sherri would take great care of you. They have lots of location alternatives for STT and even a private helicopter to ceremony on deserted Hans Lollick.

Sherri and her fiancee also own two beautiful villas on STT - Stone Cottage and Rockworks, either are perfect for one couple and both are out northwest, far away from the cruise ship madness on STT but not too far out to reach shopping and ferries (to STJ / BVI) by car. You can see both at the Mclaughlin Anderson site.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I have to give a major thumbs up to Rev. Stu. He is a personal friend and a wonderful guy. His wife, Janelle, is also a wedding planner. He'll probably marry my daughter some day in the way off future. He's also very dependable, which I would think is a very important quality when planning a destination wedding.
gimpiegirl

Post by gimpiegirl »

i third stu and janelle! they helped us with our wedding on stj 3 years ago. they are truly great people! you can't go wrong. janelle's website is islandblissweddings.com. have a blast!! it was the best decision we made.