cost of a rental car

Travel discussion for St. John
CruzBayB

cost of a rental car

Post by CruzBayB »

Never rented a car... we stay in cruz bay and taxi to the beaches so how much does an average rental car cost per day or week on St John? I have tried to search for this but get bogged down in tons of other information and no straight answers! Thanks if you can help me cut to the chase and just give me a quick answer...
"By the time we hit Miami, the cell phones will ring and life as we know it will draw us back in, so tonight we will just continue to soak in the sounds, the sights, the tastes and the feelings of St. John."
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I think that you will find that all rental agencies have about the same prices. I rent from STJ car rental because I had a relationship with them while on island. They let you park in their lot which is nice.
Here is the site link with info that should be helpful
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/sj/sjcar.shtml
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

It all depends on how many passengers you have. 1-4 passengers vs. 5-7 makes a big difference in price due to the size of the vehicle. Off season a 7 passenger jeep was about $600 for the week including taxes.
CruzBayB

Post by CruzBayB »

Thank you Thank you Thank you
"By the time we hit Miami, the cell phones will ring and life as we know it will draw us back in, so tonight we will just continue to soak in the sounds, the sights, the tastes and the feelings of St. John."
RickG

Post by RickG »

I have a quote in front of me for Dependable on STT for $600 for 8 days.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Teddy Salad

Post by Teddy Salad »

We paid $604 for 8 days at Courtesy. This included taxes and their insurance. We had reserved a Jeep Wrangler but they didn't have any so we got a Ford Escape for the same price. I think we got a 10% discount thru our property manager but am not sure about that.
martini girl

Post by martini girl »

We're paying $600 for the week "in season" for an Explorer thru St. John Car Rental.