4 people, villa advice

Travel discussion for St. John
Terry

4 people, villa advice

Post by Terry »

Hi all,
Been to STJ many times, just the two of us. Now we're taking our girls. Ages in the mid 20's. Any great suggestions for a villa for us, not a bad drive, closer to Cruzbay so the girls can drive in and shop, etc. A\C not necessary, but pool a must. They have snorkeled since we showed them at age 3 in the FL Keys.

P.S. Our girls have never been and they call us the ST. John addicts! I have to show them the STJ routine!
aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

Check out Bongo Bongo - if my youngest was over 8 it would be my choice!
island boy

Post by island boy »

Take a look at South Shore Villa. www.stjohnrental.com
RickG

Post by RickG »

For inexpensive with sunrise and sunset views check out Dolphin Run. There is a very strong breeze there, but the pool is in the wind shadow of the house.

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/lelapin/lelapin.html

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Bill W

You might consider Cliffside...

Post by Bill W »

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/cliffside/cliffside.html

...if the girls don't mind sharing a room. It's a great location, overlooking Chocolate Hole. No AC, but it's so open to the breezes you probably won't miss it. The pool is small, though, but there is a hot tub. No sunset view, but great sunrises, and cruise ship watching at night. Do check with the villa folks to see if the guest bedroom still has twin beds, though -- they remodeled the place a while back and upgraded the guest room with its own bathroom, and I don't remember if they put a queen bed in there or not. The photos on the web site haven't been updated.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Take a look at Summer Wind on Bordeaux Mtn http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/summerwind/index.html . It's 15 minutes from town, 10 minutes from Coral Bay and Maho Bay. It's a great house. No sunset but beautiful view and sunrises. We were there in May and have it reserved for June of 09. PM me if you have questions.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Another option: Time Out Villa.....2 bedroom/2bath; pool overlooking Chocolate Hole & the Caribbean Sea. We stayed there in May & loved it!....so much so we're going back again next May!
Enjoy....wherever you stay!
www.timeoutvilla.com
Terry

Post by Terry »

You are all very good souls. Thank you for your great suggestions. Now we just need to coordinate all of our vacation time on the same week.

My husband is self employed, so that's no problem. I get 6 week vaca per year. The girls are new in management positions and we'll just work around their schedules!

Prefer to book the villa first and work on air.

Thanks, great villa suggestions!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

while I love Bongo keep in mind there are 2 king beds. So if sharing a bed for your girls doesn't work thats out. good luck searching!
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

No offense to Island Boy, but if you want something close to Cruz Bay I wouldn't pick South Shore Villa. We stayed at Sol Inclination in June (also in Skytop, just above South Shore Villa), and while we loved the place, the drive got old. It isn't close to anything...Cruz Bay, the beaches, and Coral Bay are all a ways away. The views from Sol Inclination were stunning, but Skytop is not a very convenient place to stay.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
RickG

Post by RickG »

RickG wrote:For inexpensive with sunrise and sunset views check out Dolphin Run. There is a very strong breeze there, but the pool is in the wind shadow of the house.

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/lelapin/lelapin.html
This area of Bovacoap Point sits between Hart Bay and Devers Bay. Hart Bay and Chocolate Hole are walkable and Devers Bay is nearby, but no real path exists so you need to scramble. I really like being able to go for a walk in this neighborhood. Another benefit of the sunrise/sunset location is stargazing. You have a full bowl of stars rather than half a bowl.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Rachelle & Joe

villas

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Hi, Try checking out Miles Away villa thru www.Destinationstjohn.com we stayed there this past may was perfect !!! check out pic's on our picture album here Good Luck Joe & Rachelle
Terry

Post by Terry »

Hey Joe,
Your pix are amazing! Now that we're showing our girls this amazing photography, they are thinking that the boyfriends may want to attend! Our party is growing now. :lol: Too funny. This may now take a year in the planning stage. :wink: But it will be much worth it...as long as the boyfriends are water ducks like our family is. Let's just say, we won't give them much choice! No snorkeling water whimps allowed... :wink:
Knolmom

villa

Post by Knolmom »

I think you should take a look at Altamira on the www.privatehomes.com site. Great breezy location and the price is right.