For X, Pia, pjayer

Travel discussion for St. John
jdw

For X, Pia, pjayer

Post by jdw »

OMG - the post from this morning on TA has been removed!!!
Pia

Post by Pia »

That is tooooo funny - I just looked and saw it was gone (so I had to post didn't I :wink: )

Mr "I'm Coming Back" (we know you are here when it serves your purpose) we'll be watchin' for ya :wink:

Pia
RickG

Post by RickG »

Funny, I saw a bunch of "I'm coming back" posts in my RSS reader, but they are gone. I read TA last and VIOL is picking up as the Fall shoulder season approached. Anything I should know?

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

A STJ villa owner was pretending to be a tourist and posted that they were getting a last minute deal on a villa....it was their villa. slightly shady!
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

At this point, I'd guess Mr. I'm Coming Back!! is relieved it was deleted. :wink:
Pia

Post by Pia »

Rick - it was too funny - he said he was getting a deal, the owners were offering hurricane insurance in case the trip was cancelled, the owners had installed a cappuccino machine, he would try to post a trip report if his wife would let him use his laptop as the villa had wifi, and he asked if anyone had pictures of the villa and all along he was the owner........BUSTED :lol: :lol: :lol:

He does post here but only when it is to his advantage - ie: someone is looking for a villa - and then he posts his link but never joins in any other topics.

I got my kicks out of that one and as I responded he is soooo not on my villa recommendation list anymore - anyone who is an owner but pretends to be a tourist to get business is soooooo not on my good list :)

Pia
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Darn it, I missed that one. I remember something similar a while back, I wonder if it is the same person.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Anyone want to "out" this guy so we can keep an eye open for him?

As Jim Carrey says...
Leeeehewsehherrrrrrrrr!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
cass

Post by cass »

That would be helpful, the "outing". I have always wondered about these impostor types!

I recall a month or so back, there were a couple of different new posters on here asking for villa advise, and they both received the same villa recommendation from the same person, even though they were each looking for different things in a villa!

I wanted to post something like - looking for a villa, that has an elevator to the moon, with a spaceship captained by Desdemona - and wait for the person to respond with "such and such villa is just the ticket"!
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
jdw

Post by jdw »

He is SOOOO busted (good catch pjayer)!!!

Pia - I was cracking up after you told him you hoped he enjoyed his new cappuccino maker - at his OWN villa!

I think we would have forgiven him if he had simply admitted what he did, explained that times are hard, bookings are down, etc. and then apologized - instead of removing the post!

Jamie
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Pia, I replied to you over there, that post made me laugh! I'd seriously thought about that villa for a future trip since we loved the location so much, but hated Sol's driveway! Oh well! I agree that the owner is likely glad it's removed!

Nicolle
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Inquiring minds want to know...which villa are we talking about? Spill, please! PM me if you don't want to put it on the board. I am so very curious.

Edited for typos.
Last edited by liamsaunt on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Ditto!

Quid pro quo -- I'll out the name of the boat co who screwed me...
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

liamsaunt wrote:Inquiring minds want to know...which villa are we talking about? Spill, please! PM me if you don't want to put it on the board. I am so very curious.

Edited for typos.
Me too, do tell please. :D I had been lurking on TA, but apparently I missed this.
Image[/url]
RickG

Post by RickG »

Ha!

There are a couple of pseudonyms out there with only one person behind them. Shills rather piss me off, but the real influencers like sweet Pia always know who's playing games.

If this was who I think it is they can rest on their own merits and don't need to pump.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI