Upcoming Surgery

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Greyhoundmom: I don't know anything about your condition but I will say prayers for you and also for your doctors, nurses, friends, and family to give you the best care and a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

My Mom survived breast cancer twice. So many great advances have been made with this type of cancer.

No advise to give except I will be thinking about you and wishing you only the best.

Let us know how you are doing.

Take care,
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Connie

Post by Connie »

Grey, thinking of you and will say some prayers.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

You have been added to another prayer list here. With all these prayers and positive thoughts you should be feeling positive vibes enough to get through anything! Hang in there!
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

I'm a 5 yr survivor as of today. Hang in there. Statistics are on your side. It will be easier to deal when you know all the details, and have a treatment plan.
Carolyn

I understand...

Post by Carolyn »

I am a 3+ year breast cancer survivor and can completely identify with the anxiety and stress involved at this stage of your diagnosis, and upcoming procedures. I went on an anti-depressant for a while to help me cope with all of the issues that one must face as you make your way thru the process. If valium is helping, I understand. It can be a mind boggling experience of uncertainty, but advances in care that were not available even 5 or 10 years ago are making more people survive and thrive after cancer. I am certainly interested in how your story evolves and would offer any further insight info I can offer if you want to do so offline. Best wishes in care and comfort in the upcoming days.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I don't have any advice, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to you.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Thoughts and prayers are with you. I have friends who are survivors and I walk with them every October to help find a cure.
janet
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Positive vibes being sent your way. You can do this. You can get through it. Lean on all your friends and family and never pass up an offer of help- help in any form. At times it may seem overwhelming but you CAN do this!
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Take LauraD's advice seriously, be your best advocate, don't ever feel like you can't ask a jillion questions! Always go into the doctor with questions written down, making a list a few days before and adding to it. Write the answers to your questions below the question itself for future reference!

Surgeons especially are sometimes so sure of themselves they don't give a lot of information, so drill them if you have to. (I worked as part of a surgery team for 7 years).

Will pray that everything goes perfectly and you are cancer free very soon!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Positive thoughts and prayers!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Thank you all for the good advice and well wishes. Surgery is over, no lymph node involvement, back to the surgeon on the 13th to talk about follow up treatment. I have been getting mammograms for 20 years. My cancer was not there last December, too deep to detect on self exam, size of a dime this December. If I could say one thing to women 40 and over, get a mammogram every year without fail. There, I'm done with the preaching! Thanks again, forum friends :)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

good to hear. continued good luck in your treatment!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

I am glad you got good news. I hope the treatment goes well for you. And the preaching is timely. I am due for a mammogram.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

This is wonderful news! So glad to hear it! I'm taking a deep sigh of relief with you! :D