Prayers needed for my grandson Luke <3

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

P-600 wrote:They have a liver for Luke!!! They are checking to make sure it perfect for him. My heart goes out to the donor family.
That is great for your family. I pray that Luke does well.
I work with transplants indirectly and I know how difficult all the treatment and the waiting and the recovery can be. Especially for a youngster. His picture shows he has a great deal of spirit so that is to his benefit.
All the best!
lark22

Post by lark22 »

I live down the street from Children's, so if there's ever anything I can do, let me know!

We have a small apartment, so unfortunately I can't offer a place to stay, but any little errand -- grocery shopping for snacks or toiletries, bringing over a homecooked meal...I'd be happy to help out.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

I'm with Luke now in the hospital. The liver was a perfect match. Surgery should start around four o'clock. The y never gave Luke those exception points so he got his gift in twelve days with a negative two peld score because his blood type is rare. Three other centers rejected the liver because it was too small but it is perfect for Luke! The donor angel and family will always be in our hearts every day for the rest of our lives. In their darkest hour they lit up our life.

Lark. Thanks for the offer your so sweet! We are fine.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
lprof

Post by lprof »

Very good news.... prayers continue for Luke and all his angels.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
loria

Post by loria »

that is wonderful news! what an amazing gift the donor family has given you--
please let us know how it goes this afternoon.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Prayers for you and your family!!! We didn't find a heart in time to save my mom... I know how awful the waiting is! God bless!
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Praise God the liver was a perfect match. I'm so glad Luke has been given this gift. I used to work with Trauma patients who were the donors and now I work with kidney patients who need the transplant. I love it when my transplanted patients come back to visit looking like new, healthy people! I will keep Luke in my prayers as well as the donor family and the rest of your family!!
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

What a blessing that the liver was a perfect match. Many thoughts and prayers are with Luke and family!
Coden

Post by Coden »

P-600...my best wishes that the surgery has gone well. We are all pulling for Luke, and your family. (((HUGS)))
Coden
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

how's Luke doing? Just thinking of all of you!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Me too! Thinking of you, this morning!
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Thank you everyone! Luke is doing so well! The surgery ended this morning around seven thirty. His doctor told us that his new liver is very happy. The old liver was in terrible condition and blood was just trickling through it. All the stars were aligned for us. He got this liver just in time. His belly is so small. Luke was off the ventilator when he got up here at 830 he is kicking his legs,already turned himself over to get on all four which ended up in a gigantic tangled mess. He is also opening his eyes and crying. Thank you for all your prayers and support. I can't wait for Luke to visit Saint John with us soon!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I'm thinking of Luke and your entire family this morning. It's wonderful that the liver was a perfect match, can't wait to hear how the surgery goes.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

May you be blessed with a healthy Luke for many years to come. God bless donors. So glad that you took the time to relate the good news to all of us. All our prayers and good thoughts going your way.
[/url]
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

I have been thinking of you, little Luke and your entire family. It is such a blessing that everything worked out with the perfect match. Still praying that he will have a speedy recovery and will join you in St. John soon.